Savings over a twenty year period when Scalewatcher® is installed in a residential application:
- Water heater energy cost: Average is $80 per month at $0.16 kW/h
In a hard scale area the reduction in energy savings can be as much as 40 % when scale layers are removed. This represents a saving of $288 annually.
- One time cost of Scalewatcher® 3 Star: $499
- Operating cost of Scalewatcher® $5 per year.
Over a 20 year period this gives a saving of 288*20-5*20=$5660 on the average energy bill for water heating. Not taking into account the rising price of energy over 20 years.
If one chooses to install a Scalewatcher® instead of a salt using water softener the savings will increase dramatically. For an average house the salt cost will be around $150 per year. This is $3000 over a twenty year period.
Total savings when Scalewatcher® is installed instead of a water softener over 20 years.
- $5660 savings on energy
- $3000 savings on salt
- $750 salt softener installed
- $1000 replacement of water heater twice over a period of 20 years
- $500 Less maintenance on dish washer and washing machine.
Total savings: $10910 over twenty years, based on today’s energy prices.....One time cost of Scalewatcher®: $499. The choice is easy…..